Symphony No.1: Incantations and Lamentations (2001)
Come, My Dark-Eyed One (2008)
Regina Coeli (2002)
Jubilate Deo (2006)
Psalm Cycle I (1989)
Blue Green Red (2014)
Alleluias, Intercessions and Remembrances (1995)
Holy, Holy, Holy (2009)
Joy to the World (2004)
All Creatures of our
God and King (1992)
Psalm Cycle III (2003
Somerville Service (2001)
Symphony No 1: Incantations and Lamentations
Works for Orchestra and Voices
Configuration: Three CD Digipak
Available: June 1, 2014
Recorded: Jan 6-12; Mar 7; Apr 21,22; 2014
Booklet: 36 Page
• Features the combined forces of the GRAMMY-nominated Choirs of Trinity Wall Street and NOVUS NY, Trinity’s resident
new music orchestra.
• In three volumes, the first disc features Wachner’s 2 major works for large orchestra and chorus, his Symphony No 1
(2001) and his ghost-story oratorio Come, My Dark-Eyed One (2008).
• Disc 2 features Wachner’s lighter, highly accessible “Bernstein-like” Regina Coeli (2002) and Jubilate Deo (2006)
and his earliest works on the set, Psalm Cycle I (1990) for soprano, string quartet and organ, and Canticles (1990/94)
for chamber orchestra and choir, written in response to the first Gulf War.
• The Third Disc features Wachner’s newest work Blue, Green, Red (2014) commissioned by the International Trumpet Guild
for trumpet virtuoso Stephen Burns. The third disc is rounded out with works for Brass, Percussion and Choir and
feature the consummate performances of Boston’s Majestic Brass and Choir of Trinity Wall Street with rising star Janet
Yieh on organ.
• Recorded in the superb acoustics of Trinity Church, New York City.