A) Part I: (1756 version)
B) Part II: Exodus (1739 & 1756 versions)
Part III: Moses’ Song (1739 & 1756 versions)
Part I: (1739 version) Lamentation of the Israelites for the Death of Joseph
George Frederic Handel
Israel In Egypt, HWV 54
The Trinity Choir and
Trinity Baroque Orchestra
Julian Wachner, conductor
Configuration: Digital Download (320 kbps MP3)
Available: September 15, 2012
Recorded: November 2010
Booklet: 28 page
• Debut performance and recording by Julian Wachner, new Director of Music & the Arts at Trinity Wall Street.
• Presents Handel’s final 1756 revised version of Israel in Egypt, his greatest and most elaborate “chorus”
oratorio in its entirety.
• Recording includes the original Part One from the first performance in 1739 on a separate CD as an appendix,
making this the most “complete” version of Israel in Egypt currently available.
• Features Trinity Wall Street’s world-famous choir and vocal soloists, with a period-instrument orchestra
including many of America’s leading professional early music specialist musicians.
• Booklet essay by recognized Handel scholar and distinguished Handel singer, Mark Risinger