1 O quam bonum, o quam iocundum
2 Ecce annuntio vobis
3 Concinant linguæ
4 O Maria, tu dulcis
5 Surgamus omnes
6 Bone Iesu, fons amoris
7 Colligite, pueri, flores
8 O dulcis Iesu
9 Ave mater dilectissima
10 Regina cæli
11 Salve, O regina
1 O mi domine
2 Alma redemptoris mater
3 Obstupiscite, gentes
4 O gloriosa domina
5 O quam suavis est, Domine
6 Ave regina cælorum
7 Psallite, superi
8 Regna terræ, cantata Deo
9 Quid, miseri, quid faciamus?
10-14 Missa a 4: Kyrie -Gloria – Credo -Sanctus – Agnus Dei
Chiara Margarita Cozzolani
Concerti Sacri (1642) – Complete Works, vol. 2
Warren Stewart, artistic director
Configuration: 2 CD set
Available: June, 2013
Recorded: August 2000, August 2001, January 2002, and June 2010
Booklet: 32 Page
• World premiere recording.
• Second and final volume of the complete surviving works by a major, hitherto unknown female composer of the Italian
middle Baroque period.
• Cozzolani’s music is among the greatest by any composer of the Italian middle Baroque period.
• This volume features the more intimate music for one through four voices, culminating in one of the most beautiful
complete settings of the Mass Ordinary.
• Represents the completion of a longawaited, decade-long project, which presents this music as it was originally
conceived: entirely for women’s voices, accompanied by basso continuo of organ, theorbo and viola da gamba.
• Magnificat is one of America’s leading specialist ensembles researching and performing 17th century Italian Baroque
• Warren Stewart is one of America’s leading conductors of this period repertoire.
• Accompanying booklet notes are by Robert L. Kendrick, University of Chicago, author of the pioneering work “Celestial
Sirens” (Oxford University Press), which thoroughly documents the music of Italy’s convents in the 17th century.
• Essential for college music courses that seek to present music of women composers, an internationally important recent
focus of music education.