Wolfgang Amadé Mozart
Quintet in E Flat Major, K. 452
1 Largo – Allegro moderato
Ludwig van Beethoven
Quintet in E Flat Major, op. 16
4 Grave – Allegro, ma non troppo
5 Andante cantabile
6 Rondo – Allegro, ma non troppo
Mozart – Quintet, K. 452
Beethoven – Quintet, OP. 16
Cambini Winds &
Penelope Crawford, fortepiano
Configuration: Single CD in Digipak
Available: June, 2013
Recorded: Oct 23 –26, 2011
Booklet: 16 page
• Provides performances on period instruments of these two related masterpieces by Mozart and Beethoven, the second
composed specifically in imitation of the first.
• Expands Musica Omnia’s catalogue of Classical and Romantic chamber music performed on instruments of the period.
• Features America’s “First lady” of the fortepiano, Penelope Crawford, playing a state-of-the-art copy by master
builder Paul McNulty of a fortepiano by Anton Walter, similar to one owned by Mozart.
• Brings together four of the leading specialists in period winds and brass as the Cambini Winds.
• Includes informative booklet essay by Geoffrey Burgess, oboist of the Cambini Winds and co-author (with Bruce Haynes)
of a major publication on the oboe and its history.
Reviews: Early Music (U.K.), Luister (Holland), Dutch Early Music Review, American Record Guide, Gramophone, International
Record Review, BBC Music Magazine, Fanfare, Classical Net, Musicweb, Early Music America