Played on the single-manual harpsichord (1979) after Andreas Ruckers, 1640
1 Passamezzo Pavan (Tisdale’s Virginal Book–TVB)
2 Passamezzo Galliard (TVB)
3 Johnson’s Medley (TVB)
4 Dowland’s Lachrymae (TVB)
5 Galliard: Can she excuse? (TVB)
6 La Volta (Fitzwilliam Virginal Book–FWVB)
7 In nomine XII (Musica Britannica–MB 31)
8 Chi passa (Dublin Virginal Book–DVB)
9 Amarilli di Julio Romano (FWVB)
10 The Third Pavane (My Lady Nevell’s Book–Nevell)
11 The Third Galliard (Nevell)
12 Tregian’s Pavane (MB 60a)
13 Tregian’s Galliard (MB 60b)
14 Variations on the Romanesca (DVB)
15 My Lady Carey’s Dompe (Royal. App. 58)
Played on the double-manual harpsichord (1978) after Ioannes Ruckers, 1642
1 Pavan in g (MB 16)
2 Dr. Bull’s My Selfe (FWVB)
3 Pavan in a (MB 17)
4 Vaulting Galliard (MB 90)
5 Pavan in d (MB 52a)
6 Gallliard in d (MB 52b)
7 The Italian Ground (MB 27)
8 Robin (FWVB)
9 Pavana (Mall sims, FWVB XVI)
10 Lord Willobies Welcome Home (Nevell, MB 7)
11 Mrs. Katherin Tregian’s Paven (FWVB)
12 The Tenth Pavian: Mr. W. Peter (Nevell, MB 3a)
13 Galliard (Nevell, MB 3b)
Tudor and Jacobean Keyboard Music
Peter Watchorn, Harpsichord
Configuration: 2CD set
Recorded: June 1998 & Feb. 2001
Booklet: 20-page, full color. Comprehensive program notes by scholar Howard Schott.
• Well balanced anthology of unique and under-recorded repertoire.
• Four pieces receive their recording premiere.
• Two of the finest modern copies of original harpsichords by legendary American maker, Walter Burr.
• Superb recording, production and packaging.
• Beyond the Notes™ (website) and booklet notes by leading world authority, Dr. Howard Schott.